Whatever your wedding budget, nobody wants to spend over the odds on their wedding, but as you know as soon as you stick ‘wedding’ in front of anything then the price shoots up.
With just under 7 weeks to go until we get married and our wedding funds looking sadder by the day, we’ve had to look at where we can cut down our expenditure without compromising on quality. For example as I have 11 (yes 11) bridesmaids I am using their bouquets as the centrepieces for the tables, which is saving us £100’s in florist fees. Here’s my recent top money saving tips:
Top Money Saving Wedding Tips:
- Ask for help – people really do love to help with weddings, whether it’s making some bunting, helping with a shift on the bar or handing out the canapés, you can make huge savings on hiring staff or buying decorations
- Use Social media – a quick facebook post to request those random items, in our case a refrigerated unit, tea urn and a generator, meant we got them at a fraction of the price.
- Don’t be scared to ask – bartering goods, services or haggling on prices with suppliers might feel awkward at first but when those savings come rolling in you will become a pro
- Shop around – use the internet, ebay, gumtree and local selling groups on facebook to compare prices
- The big supermarkets all do free glass hire, but beware of breakages charges. It’s often cheaper to buy replacements from their budget ranges rather than pay for breakages.
- Fake it – prosecco instead of champagne, fake flowers instead of real ones, honestly nobody will know the difference.
- Run your own bar – buy your booze from a wholesalers and get in barrels of local ale and cider and you will actually make a profit on your bar
- Start your wedding later in the afternoon so you dont have to provide lunch
- Have a ploughman’s lunch or afternoon tea to save on expensiove catering or ask everyone to bring a dish
Wedding Table Money Saving Ideas
But saving money doesn’t mean your wedding has to look cheap. I’ve found these beautiful wedding table items that look like they cost a lot more than they actually do. The vintage and rustic looks are really in at the moment, so you can use mismatched decorations with different colours and patterns which means it’s easier to save money than sticking to a ridgid colour scheme. These beautiful wedding table ideas, decorations and accessories will ensure your wedding looks a million dollars but certainly won’t cost it!! These Wedding table money saving ideas will save you an absolute fortune in hiring or buying expensive items for your wedding
1. Use a Cardboard Cake Stand
This vintage wedding cupcake stand has 3 pretty tiers and holds approx 12-15 medium size cupcakes and at under £10 is much cheaper than buying a porcelain equivalent. Each tier has 2 designs to choose from and will be absolutely perfect for a rustic vintage style wedding.
2. Use Paper Napkins
The cost of hiring wedding linen was a big surprise for me and I’ve been advised by friends that stains etc can end up costing a lot in damages. These beautiful paper wedding napkins are a brilliant money saving alternative to linen at around 15p each and I actually think they look nicer than plain white ones.
These beautifully designed floral wedding napkins are a Printed with the words ‘Best Day Ever’ which is a lovely sentiment on a wedding day for when you cut the cake or as serviettes on the tables at the wedding reception. Each napkin is 33cm when opened out and come in a pack of 20.
Best of the rest:
I love these 30 pretty vintage floral wedding napkins which work well with a vintage themed mismatched wedding table or with plain white tableware.
3. Use Paper Tablecloths
Again, why use expensive linen when you can buy beautiful paper tablecloths and table runners for your wedding table? If the tables are pretty you can get away with a table runner, but if they are less so then you can use a table cloth or buy a roll of material. These table rolls of plastic, paper or organza are perfect for covering your wedding tables at a fraction of the cost of linen. Also these square polythene backed paper wedding table cloths are great for round tables or use multiple along a trestle table. They are available in every colour theme possible including white wedding table cloths, hot pink wedding table cloths and turquoise table cloths.
Best of the rest:
Rustic Paper Wedding Table Runner – This is a simple, rustic brown paper design table runner, perfect for rustic wedding tables. I would recommend buying two for longer tables. Table runner is 120cm x 30cm and printed on 160gsm thick paper.
Porcelain Blue China Wedding Tablecover – Transform your table with this beautiful paper table cover. Instantly chic! Measures 140 x 140cm. Use with the matching Paper Wedding Table Runner I would recommend buying two for longer tables. Table runner is 120cm x 30cm and printed on 160gsm thick paper.
4. Low Cost Favours
Wedding favours are one of those things that you forget to factor into your wedding budget and can end up costing you hundreds of pounds then often end up being left behind. I would recommend going for something that can be consumed at the table i.e. alcohol or food such as cakes, sweets or chocolates to make sure you’re not wasting your money and end up clearing them up the next day. Or something low cost such as favour bags with wildflower seeds. See the full range of low cost wedding favours.
Vintage Rose Wedding Favour Bags. These Vintage rose design wedding favour bags are perfect for a vintage style weeding and will look pretty on the guests place setting. You could even write the names of the guests on the bags to save on buying seperate place settings. Pack of 5. 230 height x 120 wide