As our wedding is now only 6 months away (ahh!) and all the major things have been organised, we’ve started thinking about the smaller (but just as important) details such as table plans and wedding favours.
As we are on a strict budget and we’ve got 100 people to buy for, we've had to get creative with our choice of wedding favour gifts. Below are some of my favourite wedding favour ideas as well as some appropriate wedding favour boxes, bags and money saving ideas.
1. Wildflower Seed Wedding Favours
My favourite idea is giving wildflower seeds to your guests as wedding favours. A fab idea for those on a tight wedding budget or looking to be as eco as possible, wildflowers seeds are really cheap to buy especially if you're buying in bulk. Put them in these colourful floral wedding favour gift bags to make them look extra special. Only £2.34 for 10 bags (23p each) or Buy 10+ packs for £2.10 for 10 (21p each).
2. Wedding Favour Sweets
Giving sweets as wedding favours are a popular choice with children and adults alike. You can fill individual bags or put jars on the table to allow people to help themselves. These Multicoloured Treat Bags are perfect to add some nostalgic fun to your wedding. Each bag features a lovely multicoloured design and the pack also contains a sheet of quirky stickers for sealing! Price for 10 bags £2.70 (27p each) Buy 10+ packs £2.46 (24.6p each).
For a traditional vintage wedding theme how about these Vintage Lace Candy Bags? These pretty striped Candy Bags can be used as wedding favour bags or bought as extra bags for the Candy Bar Kit (see below). Each pack contains 25 bags. Price for 25 bags £3.30 (13p each) Buy 10+ packs £2.94 (29.4p each). Or this gorgeous Vintage Lace Candy Station Set would look fab, either on each table or you can set up a special candy bar area. Nostalgic sweets are making a comeback and are hugely popular at weddings and parties. Use this fab kit to make your Candy Buffet look stylish and inviting. Kit includes a Candy Buffet sign, 25 pretty stripy bags, 3 tie on labels and 3 handy scoops. Extra Candy Bags are available separately. Price Each £8.34.
3. Sugared Almond Wedding Favours
A traditional wedding favour gift, sugared almonds are a great low cost way to give you guests a bit of a treat. If you put them in a pretty wedding favour box or bag they will look beautiful on the wedding tables. These pretty lantern wedding favour boxes are perfect and you can choose the colour to match your wedding theme. These beautiful robin egg blue lantern favour boxes are so pretty with the delicate cut-out detail, you can see into them and fill them with goodies for your wedding guests. An absolute bargain at 50 boxes for £8.10 (16.2p each).
Or you can use these simple and traditional white wedding favour bags - pack of 10 £4.74 (47.4p each) or buy 10+ packs for £4.26 (42.6p each). Available in lots of colours including these fantastic value blue wedding favour bags - pack of 10 £2.70 (27p each) or buy 10+ packs for £2.34 (23.4p each).
4. Homemade Biscuit Wedding Favours
Make or ask Mum/Bridesmaids/Granny to make these delicious heart shaped biscuits as wedding favours and your guests will love the creative touch especially if you present them in one of our pretty wedding favour baskets. Or for a rustic or vintage themed wedding, these hessian wedding favour bags are perfect for giving wedding favour biscuits and also look great with a luggage tag tied around them so they can double up as a rustic wedding table place setting. Price £2.34 for 5 bags (46p each) Buy 10+ packs £2.10 (42p each).
5. Chocolate Wedding Favours
These foil wrapped chocolates are a great low cost wedding favour. You can choose ones with a Mr & Mrs brown paper rustic wedding favour chocolates or you can add your own message with these personalised wedding favour chocolates - only £4.74 for 24 (only 19.8p each). You could put them loose on guests plates or in a pretty organza wedding favour bag. Or to make it easier you can but these organza wedding favour bags already pre-filled with 3 foil wrapped chocolates, available in lots of different colours to match your wedding theme - only £7.14 for 10 favour bags (71.4p each) or 10 + packs £6.42 (64.2p each).
6. Truffle Wedding Favours
Truffle recipe - Makes 50 - The easiest truffle recipe ever!
- 300g good-quality dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 300ml pot double cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- Chop the chocolate and tip into a large bowl. Put the cream and butter into a saucepan and heat gently until the butter melts and the cream reaches simmering point. Remove from heat, then pour over the chocolate. Stir the chocolate and cream together until you have a smooth mixture. Add any flavourings to the truffle mix at this stage (divide the mixture between bowls and mix in liqueurs or other flavourings, a tsp at a time, to taste. Try bourbon, Grand Marnier, coconut rum or the zest and juice of an orange), or leave plain. Cool and chill for at least 4 hrs.
- To shape the truffles, dip a melon baller in hot water and scoop up balls of the mixture, then drop the truffles onto greaseproof paper. Or lightly coat your hands in flavourless oil (such as sunflower) and roll the truffles between your palms. You could also use a piping bag to pipe rounds onto greaseproof paper.
- Coat your truffles immediately after shaping. Tip toppings into a bowl and gently roll the truffles until evenly coated, then chill on greaseproof paper. Try: crushed, shelled pistachio nuts; lightly toasted desiccated coconut; or roll a truffle flavoured with orange zest and juice in cocoa powder. To coat in chocolate, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Melt 100g milk, dark or white chocolate for 10 truffles. Allow chocolate to cool slightly. With a fork, pick up one truffle at a time and hold over the bowl of melted chocolate. Spoon the chocolate over the truffle until well-coated. Place on the baking tray, then chill.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days, or freeze for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge overnight. Keep in the fridge until you’re ready to give them.from http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/182606/chocolate-truffles
These classy ribbon wedding favour boxes have a pretty contrasting satin ribbon around the box including the bottom, perfect for chocolates or truffles. Around 4.5cm in width and height. Price for 10 boxes £8.34 (83.4p each) Buy 10+ packs £7.50 (75p each).
Or these gorgeous butterfly wedding favour boxes would also be perfect for giving your wedding favour truffles. Beautiful butterfly shaped favour boxes with white satin 3mm ribbon. Great value at £5.40 for 10 (54p each) or Buy 10+ packs £4.86 (only 48.6p each)!
7. Personalised Love Heart Wedding Favours
Make your wedding the one to remember by giving your guests these retro personalised Love Hearts as wedding favours. They have a 'Just Married' message with your name and date underneath. They're colourful and low cost way to give guests a little treat without breaking the bank. These personalised Love Hearts- Just Married are only £9.54 for a pack of 30 (31.8p each). You could also combine with the personalised chocolate hearts.
8. Hangover Recovery Kit Wedding Favour
A fun idea for wedding favours or hen and stag do gifts. Why not create your own kits containing some low cost items such as painkillers, tea bags, instant soup, sweets and vitamin tablets? A practical and quirky wedding favour - your guests are bound to thank you for in the morning! These personalised wedding favour bags are the perfect way to make your wedding favour gifts extra special. For kids you could fill with games or sweets instead.
9. Tattoo Wedding Favours
Have you heard the new trend for weddings?! That's right, your very own tattoo station! It may be a bit unusual but your wedding favour gifts will definitely stand out and be remembered with personalised wedding favour tattoos. Give everyone a selection of tattoos or set up a separate table with all your designs cut out, a bowl of water and some sponges with a sign to say 'tattoos'! This pack contains a sheet of 24 designs including hearts and banners, quotes saying 'Happily Ever After' and 'Best Day Ever' and other designs. Customise with your own names and message! Only £8.34! I'm definitely doing this one at my wedding!! I absolutely love these funky geometric paper wedding favour bags.
10. Bubbles/Party Popper Wedding Favours
Make your wedding the one to remember by giving your guests these rustic personalised party poppers as wedding favours or as a fun alternative to confetti outside a church! The rustic design will add a vintage touch to your day and the personalised detail add a special touch. Price for 18 poppers £3.54 (19.6p each) Buy 10+ packs £3.18 (17.6p each). For more wedding favour ideas visit the party packs wedding favour page or the wedding favour Pinterest board Now I'm just off to test some of those wedding favour truffles - it's a hard life!!